July 31, 2017
A lot of people say, “When I (fill in the blank), I’ll do something great.” What usually comes to mind when you read that sentence? What are you using to fill in the blank? Do you think you need to first pay off your student loans? Or wait for you kids to be out of the house? Or maybe it’s when you finally have a college degree, you’ll be able to do something great? But as a 62 year old man, I want to tell you there’s no better day than today to take a risk and do something worth living for.
Fear is Not Your Friend
I’ve asked this question before but today I really want to focus on living it out, fully alive. My challenge for you this week is: What would you do if you were ten times bolder? Check out this week’s Monday Motivation video, which I took from Facebook, for more on the subject:
- The fear of the unknown is one of the greatest fears.
- We spend a lot of time living out the emotion of the stories in our minds that never happen.
- Sometimes fear masquerades as wisdom.
- Your destiny is most often on the other side of fear.
- Courage means not letting fear tell you what to do.
- Everyone is going to die one day, but are you going to really live?
- As God’s people, we don’t let fear reduce us.
- Read Nehemiah Chapter 4 and 6, and Joshua Chapter 1.
Takeaway for The Week
This week, let’s all kick fear in the face and do what we’re created to do! Let’s live today fully alive. Any time fear tries to tell us what to do, I want us all to try something; a virtual kick right to it’s face. There’s absolutely no reason to entertain a voice that is only trying to keep us from living fully actualized. I also want to encourage you to kick excuses in the face! If you have a blank for this sentence: “When I (fill in the blank), I’ll do something great,” I want you to take it and lay it before the Lord.
Let’s be the kind of people who get old without regret, who choose courage over timidity, and who do all that we were put on the earth to do! What’s one thing you can do this week to kick fear in the face? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
For more live teachings, follow me on Facebook.
Topics: All TopicsFreedomIdentity