June 12, 2017
In It to Win It
The world is filled with amazing people who are walking in their divine callings, changing history, and seeing their dreams come true. They have discovered their true identities, harnessed their strengths, focused their energies, and maximized their opportunities. Successful people know how to love well; they lead passionate, productive lives. When they fail (and everyone does), they learn from their mistakes and gain wisdom to rise to new heights with God and in life. These are the winners in the world. They make the most out of opportunities and thereby profoundly impact the world around them. When life gives them lemons, they make lemonade; and when things get tough they grow stronger. They refuse to become victims because they know they were born to be winners!
You Snooze, You Lose
Yet other remarkable people, for various reasons, find themselves waiting for life to begin. These people sit daily at the porch of possibility, eating their Lucky Charms while longing to be discovered. They each pray for a big break, dream of a better life, and hope for a deeper love. Like a beautiful bird that has wings but never learns to fly, they see life as a well of untapped potential, a buried chest filled with secret treasures waiting to be unearthed. Although they are well-intentioned, these people often end up being the ones who lose at life. They need to wake up and grasp their own role in their destinies!
5 Differences Between Winners and Losers
I have been both a winner and a loser at different seasons of my life. Thankfully, I have always surrounded myself with winners who refuse to allow me to remain a loser for long. Through the process I have learned a lot. Here are 5 differences between winners versus losers:
- Winners don’t quit and quitters don’t win! One of the most defining attributes of a winner is their tenacity to fight in the face of failure, and hope when things seem hopeless. Quitters are losers because they get out of the race before they even make it to the finish line! People who lose at life don’t know how to get back on the horse after they fall off. They lay on the ground living in a victim mentality and blaming the horse for all of their problems.
- Losers see a problem in every opportunity, while winners see an opportunity in every problem. Have you ever met a person who couldn’t help but see the glass as always half full? A positive attitude is contagious. As we like to say at Bethel, he who has the most hope has the most influence. I believe that having an attitude of seeing problems as an opportunity will give you influence to make actual change, not only with others but starting with yourself!
- Losers measure themselves against every challenge and feel inadequate. Winners measure God against every challenge and feel empowered. People who succeed in life have a solid foundation and identity in God, therefore they don’t define their value based on whether they can overcome a challenge or not. Winners find their value and victory in God, so they’re empowered with heaven’s solutions when they face problems, instead of going to worst-case scenario the way that losers tend to do.
- Losers struggle through life, while winners see life as an adventure, even when it’s not perfect. To losers, life is a series of problems strung together to defeat them. To winners, life is an exciting journey through an unchartered promised land, filled with opportunities to understand the depths of God’s love and power. Again, it’s all about perspective here!
- Losers are jealous of people who prosper. Winners view the prosperous as a testimony of God’s faithfulness. Not only that, but winners receive the success of others as a prophecy for their own victory instead of comparing themselves or partnering with jealousy. Who do you think wins in that situation?
The truth is, no matter where you find yourself in life, there is always more: more things to learn and more obstacles to overcome. I long to see people winning at life; fully actualized in a way that causes them to embrace their God-given identities and fulfill their divine purposes. My heart yearns to see people become fully alive and totally equipped: His story-makers, who alter the course of history toward God’s incredible kingdom! Today I want to encourage you to take a look at your heart position and allow Holy Spirit to reveal the ways you’re setting yourself up to lose at life. Then choose to be a winner, because that is who you are already called to be! Do you see yourself as a winner or a loser? What can you do today to become a winner? Tell me about it in the comments!
Topics: All TopicsFreedomIdentityInspiration