May 4, 2016
Your destiny lies on the other side of your fear. I’m convinced that the devil knows your destiny better than you do! I believe that God is calling us to courage, but we can’t conquer what we refuse to confront. Christopher Columbus said, “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
I think that many of us have misjudged our circumstances in life, thinking that this is the worst time of your life. I believe that in this dark time, you are on the verge of getting the breakthrough you have prayed for for 15, 20, 30 years. Here are 12 attributes of courage to encourage you to keep going.
12 Attributes of Courage
1. Courage refuses to give up long after everyone else has gone home.
2. When people insist they can’t change, courage says, “You’re better than that.”
3. Courage refuses to take the temperature of the crowd to determine which virtues are in vogue.
4. Courage falls down but it gets back up; when it looses a battle it contents for a victory; when it’s locked in a prison, it’s freed by an earthquake.
5. Drag courage into a cold, dark alley and leave it for dead; it will strike a match and set the world on fire.
6. Courage doesn’t cower in the face of public opinion or waver when the world waffles.
7. When the voice of reason stutters and common sense stammers, courage utters a clear, clarion call.
8. When vicious voices shout courage down, it only makes it more determined to stand straight up.
9. If you oppress courage, it multiplies; if you pound it into a puddle, it becomes a river of life; if you pull it back, it intensifies the velocity of hope.
10. When fear says “dim the lights,” courage says, “arise and shine”.
11. When life leaves the beaten path, courage enjoys the journey.
12. Sometimes courage doesn’t roar, but it’s the quiet voice at the end of the night that says, “We will try again tomorrow.”
Your destiny lies on the other side of the valley of the shadow of death. Don’t give up!
If you would like to subscribe to my newsletter, sign up here: http://krisvallotton.com/
Are you going through a season that requires courage? Tell me about it in the comments below.
Topics: All TopicsIdentity