July 20, 2016
The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 4:16, “I urge you, then, be imitators of me.” Bill Johnson has been my leader for almost 40 years. It’s sort of the pauper meets the prince story. Bill, a 5th generation pastor from a healthy home meets Kris, a broken young man who recently met Christ. Here are 15 things I learned from Bill that transformed my life (there are many more).
- The day I came to Christ, I became a full-time minister. We are all priests.
- Loving and serving God should benefit my family.
- My wife and children must know and feel like nobody but Jesus is more important to me than them.
- Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt and needs someone to believe in them.
- It is incongruent to say that God lives in me and not to behave supernaturally.
- Radical generosity is a priority in the kingdom no matter my financial situation. If I believe God is my provider, I will act like it.
- Never speak negatively about people, even when they are being jerks (this is a hard one for me).
- Joy is a fruit of the Spirit and one-third of the kingdom; therefore, happy is the normal state of every Believer.
- God is good all the time, and He is better than you think.
- Worship and prayer are not acts, they are a lifestyle.
- I can’t direct my life by popular opinion; I must follow God where He is leading no matter what the crowd thinks.
- Much of the Kingdom is a mystery, so I don’t have to understand to obey. I don’t have to have an explanation for things or scriptures I don’t understand, and I am not God’s attorney, I am his son.
- I have a BIG GOD and a little devil who has no power over me unless I give it to him.
- I have been called to destroy the works of the devil.
- My job is to bring heaven to earth.
Do you have someone who has changed your life? Tell me about it in the comments below.
Topics: All TopicsIdentity