January 2, 2017
Thankfulness and Humility
Thankfulness is the door to happiness, the gate of heaven, the cure of arrogance, and a force against the spirit of entitlement. Wow! What a powerful force that is! Thankfulness is a field that must be cultivated, weeded and seeded. But humility is the soil that makes up a field of a thankful heart. We must understand humility before we can truly cultivate thankfulness in our lives. Not only is humility the key to thankfulness, but it’s also the pathway to promotion!
The Fruit of Humility
Matthew 7:20 says that we can recognize people by their fruit. I love the way the New Living Translation puts it; “Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions.” Humility produces beautiful fruit. These are some of the characteristics that will grow out of an overflow of what you’re cultivating in your heart:
- You know who you are without requiring others to acknowledge your identity.
- You allow others to get credit for things that should be attributed to you.
- You take a lower seat than you deserve.
- You refuse to promote yourself.
- You allow others to share their accomplishments without sharing yours, especially when yours are greater.
- You have an attitude that no task is beneath you.
- You’re honest about your weaknesses.
- You admit your mistakes.
- You live below your means.
- You work to promote others.
- You’re teachable.
- You’re correctable.
- You’re influenceable.
It’s important for us to grasp this because then we will have an opportunity to change history. Do you see the fruit of humility in your life? Even if you don’t see all of what’s on this list, I want to encourage you that as you continue to position yourself in humility, your reward will be promotion in the Kingdom. God will use you in very powerful ways!
Do you have any cool testimonies about how humility has lead to reward in your life? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Topics: All TopicsIdentityInspiration