November 23, 2016
I don’t know about you, but I am coming out of a season of intense challenge and transition. I have been buffeted from all sides in my life. Getting up from bed and remaining hopeful has been a purposeful choice, and not an automatic feeling. And, I have a sense that I am not the only one that has weathered the winds of transition. I want to share with you some tips that I am exercising in my life this season.
The Power of Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving Day upon us, I have been reflecting on the profound power that this holiday invites us to experience. We have a whole national holiday dedicated to “thanksgiving” that serves as a benchmark—or memory stone—to how we remember the past and think about the future. The act of thanksgiving is our response to the Lord’s actions, praise is our response to His character, and worship is our response to His presence.
7 Benefits of Thanksgiving
We need to honor the past, live in the present and look to the future. Below are 7 benefits for thanksgiving available to us. I encourage all of us this season to amp up our thanksgiving; it is the fuel to our breakthrough!
- Thanksgiving is the doorway to deliverance and the hallway to heaven.
- Thanksgiving is the inoculation for bitterness and the armor for anxiety.
- Thanksgiving is the antidote for arrogance exchanging purity for pride.
- Thanksgiving is the platform for promotion and the catalyst for community. It’s the gate to favor increasing the fruit of our labor.
- Thanksgiving is the secret to success, and magic of maturity. It picks you up when you fall down and ensures that angels hang around.
- Thanksgiving is more than a meal – it invites God’s zeal!
- Thanksgiving for who God is in the midst of our trial is sometimes the only way out of our current hellhole.
I’d love to hear about your journey! What are ways that you create a culture of thanksgiving in your life?
Topics: All TopicsIdentityInspiration