October 2, 2017
Is there any part of your past that gets in the way of you living life to the fullest? Maybe it’s something you’re not even fully aware of, but it could sneak in and hold you back from being fully you. I’m sure we’ve all struggled with feeling disqualified in some way. Today I feel it in my heart to encourage you that regardless of what you’ve done in life, there’s no such thing as “too far gone” in the Kingdom, and there’s nothing that can disqualify you from being used by God to change the world!
The truth is that you never fall too far that God can’t save you. You never get so deep in darkness that He can’t rescue you. You never fall so fast that God can’t catch you. Colossians 1:13-14 says, “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Whatever your story is, we know that all things work together for our good in the end (Romans 8:28). So if it’s not good, it’s not the end!
Check out this Monday Motivation video for more on the power of redemption. While you watch, I encourage you to remember that redemption is not only for individuals, but also for cities and nations:
In a Nutshell:
- God can step into the midst of our broken lives and bless us so much that when people look at our lives they’ll want to know Him.
- There’s nothing you can do that’s so bad that God can’t redeem it.
- 19 books of the Bible were written by murderers. Moses murdered the Egyptian… David murdered Uriah… The Apostle Paul, who wrote 13 books in the New Testament, lead an onslaught against followers of Jesus before he had his Damascus road conversion! And God used each of these men in history-changing ways!
- God hates sin because it hurts the people He loves. Sin is the enemy of humanity.
- In the same way that you’re not disqualified from being a believer, you’re also not disqualified from making history.
- I’ve seen people have great setbacks and I think about it like a bow an arrow… the further you pull back the greater the potential velocity in the arrow.
- Some of your kids are working on their testimonies. There’s no such thing as “too far gone” in the Kingdom.
- If you have an answer in your head that isn’t redemptive, then it’s not God’s answer. The heart of the Father is to redeem people and restore them to a better place than where you were before.
- God can put you at a higher place than you fell from.
Takeaway This Week
Today I want to encourage you to put whatever the thing is in you that says “‘I’m disqualified and God can’t use me” before the feet of Jesus, and allow Him to breathe truth over you. 2 Corinthians 3:5 says, “It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God.” I’m comforted when I read those words because I can rest in God’s qualification of myself instead of striving for it in my own strength. I pray that the peace and comfort of knowing this truth would bring rest to your heart today. Not only that, but I pray that you would hold onto the empowering truth that your past is not a prophecy! Just like God used murderers to write some of the Bible, he can use anyone to change the world! Yourself and your loved-ones included!
Redemption For Cities
I’d also like to note that there’s no such thing as a city or nation that’s too far gone! Regardless of how dark things may seem in the world, no place is too far deep in darkness that God can’t stretch out and pull it back up into His arms. Let’s be a people who speak redemption, life and hope over our world this week!
How do you partner with God’s powerful redemption in your life? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Topics: All TopicsCurrent EventsIdentityInspiration