January 15, 2018
So, you may know you’re called to greatness, or at least that God has a unique purpose for your life. Are you walking in that purpose today? Let’s take a look at it a different way: what’s one of the biggest dreams of your heart? Are you currently on the path towards that? Life is short, my friends, and if we’re going to make the most of our time on earth then it’s going to require more from us than you may realize! So what’s the number one obstacle in the way of you getting from where you are now to where you want to be? Fear—which I also believe is the number one most socially acceptable sin among Christians. And today I’m just not having it!
Here’s a fatherly kick in the butt for the week: if you’re waiting for your destiny to happen to you, it’s just not going to happen! Walking in God’s calling for your life requires that you get up and walk! Let’s take a look at today’s Monday Motivation blog for more:
In a nutshell:
- Sometimes we just have to get up and do the thing we’re afraid of. Do the the thing that scares the hell out of you because you shouldn’t have hell in you!
- Some people justify their lack of action like, “God can’t be in it because I don’t feel it.” Well, to that I say be lead by the Spirit, put your big girl/boy pants on and get up there and do what you were told to do.
- “Well what if it goes wrong?” you may be thinking. If it does, then look back and ask yourself: “Did I do my best?” Because if you did your best then He’ll meet you with His best.
- What would you do with your life if you were ten times bolder? If you have any answer whatsoever to this question, then you’ve been reduced by your fear!
- If there’s even just one thing you would do if you weren’t afraid, it means fear has already influenced your destiny!
- Because your destiny is so entwined with other people’s destinies, if you don’t do what you’re called to do, then they can’t do what they’re called to do.
- God told approximately 1.5 million people that they’d go into the Promised Land, and yet only two went in. Why? It wasn’t because they had a bad word, but because they didn’t have the courage to do what God called them to do.
- So many people go around saying they have a bad word but the reality is you have a good word that you haven’t done anything with!
- Some people are waiting for the stars to line up to do something with their life, but the only way the stars line up is when you do the thing you’re supposed to be doing.
Activation for the Week
It is the process of envisioning your destiny, conquering your fears, and defeating your giants that forges the character you need to live a successful life. Unfortunately, many people reduce their lives to make peace with their fears, thus they never reach their full potential in God. But if you learn how to be courageous in the face of trepidation, you will rise to the heights of your calling and be fully actualized as sons and daughters of God Himself.
My encouragement for you this week is that I truly believe you can do the the things God is calling you to! Whatever voice steps in to tell you otherwise, or to distract you, let this be the week that you silence it by taking a step forward towards your calling. Don’t overthink it. Just take a step! I’d love to hear the things you know you’re supposed to do but you’re maybe even afraid to say out loud—the things that make your heart race when you think about them. Tell me about them in the comments! And then tell a friend about the step you’ll take towards your destiny this week so that you have accountability—an account of your ability that you can in fact stare fear in the face and still be courageous to move forward. You’ve got this! Now DO IT.
Topics: All TopicsCurrent EventsFreedomInspiration