October 30, 2017
Have you ever been in a place in life where you have no idea what’s next? Maybe God even brought you to that place, but you have no idea why. It’s so easy in those seasons to get anxious about what’s coming, or maybe even hung up on trying to figure out what you’re “supposed to be doing.” Trust me, I’ve been there. Although it’s not fun, over the years I’ve learned that God does in fact sometimes hide the whole plan from us. Check out this week’s Monday Motivation video to hear why:
In a nutshell:
- In the world, when we surrender it’s because we’re losing. But in the Kingdom, when we surrender we win.
- There are seasons when we’re called to to not give up (Luke 18:1), however, there are other times when the best thing you can do is surrender.
- Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” This scripture demonstrates that there are seasons when all you know is the next step (He’s a lamp to our feet ), and other seasons when you can see far out to where you’re going (He’s a light to our path).
- Some seasons—the lamp unto our feet seasons—are about surrendering and trusting Jesus.
- I’m convinced there are times when the Lord refuses to tell us our future because it’s not about where we’re going, rather it’s about who we’re going with.
- Abraham and Sarah had no idea where they were going when God sent them from their homeland (Genesis 12:1), but they knew they had God with them
- Sometimes surrender is hard because you’re learning to trust the One you’re with.
Activation For The Week
I want to encourage you this week to lean into your season. If you don’t know what season you’re in, get with God and ask Him to reveal it to you. If you’re in a “lamp unto your feet” season and this word of surrender resonates with you, I want you to take some time today to allow Holy Spirit to show you anything that may be hindering you from trusting Him. I know that He will meet you in that place. Then anytime the fear of the unknown comes at you this week, remember WHO IS WITH YOU. Rest in Him. Lean into Him. And remember the WHY behind your season is greater intimacy with the Lord.
I pray that God would illuminate your next step and reassure you of the purpose of this season. I speak peace over any uneasiness and anxiety about not knowing what’s to come, and I pray that a holy rest and reassurance of Whose arms you’re in would wash over you in Jesus name! What season are you in? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Topics: All TopicsFreedomIdentityProphetic