April 20, 2018
You know the voice in your heart, whether it be loud or a faint whisper, that tells you that you are made to change the world? You may have thoughts that come against that deep conviction…they say, “what if I’m too old?” or, “what if I’m too young?” and often magnify the insecurity you deal with the most. Many times we allow the “what-ifs” to get in the way of stepping into our destinies. We focus on the things we don’t have, and then get used to living an average life. But the truth is that no matter how many times you try to silence it, the fact that you are made for something more will continue to gnaw at you. So what do you want to do about that?
I hope this (very old…check out the jacket) Flashback Friday video will shed some light on why you can say no to the “what-if’s” and start living a life of meaning:
In a nutshell:
- Take what you have and give it to God, because you’d be shocked what He can do with it to change the world.
- Acts 2:17 says, “In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.”
- When the Spirit if God comes on people, even old men start to believe they can make a difference! All cynicism and stories of the past are broken off!
- It’s time for dreamers to dream! It’s time for everybody to put excuses and insecurities down and instead know they have a place!
- Think about Gideon. I love his story because I relate to it! As soon as he figured out who he was in God, his enemies destroyed themselves.
- We’re so concerned with who we’re not, and I just want to encourage you that it doesn’t matter what you don’t have, God wants you!
- If you have a burden for something, God put it there! Maybe you’re the next Rosa Parks, Abraham Lincoln or Dr. Martin Luther King! Who knows?!
- People make fun of those who make history. You always have to fight your brothers before you fight the giant, just like David and Joseph.
- One of my favorite quotes is from Eric Hoffer: “In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.”
- A man without a vision is a man without a future, and a man without a future will always return to his past. So it’s time to get a vision!
Silence the “What-if’s”
Once we know who we are in God, the thoughts about who we aren’t seem to not matter as much. So which “what-ifs” are you silencing today? What are some dreams you’ve forgotten about or disqualified yourself from? Let’s tackle any bits of low self-esteem that may be hanging around in our minds, dust away the doubts, clear out the caution, and take a hold of the dreams God’s put in our hearts! I’d love for you to share one powerful truth about who God says you are today in the comments! Let’s hear how God can use you to change the world!
Topics: All TopicsIdentityInspiration